Journey “under the sea” with Ariel and her aquatic friends in Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr., adapted from Disney’s Broadway production and the motion picture (featuring the enormously popular Academy Award-winning music and delightfully charming book and lyrics). Based on one of Hans Christian Andersen’s most beloved stories, Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr. is an enchanting look at the sacrifices we all make for love and acceptance.
In a magical underwater kingdom, the beautiful young mermaid, Ariel, longs to leave her ocean home – and her fins – behind and live in the world above. But first, she’ll have to defy her father, King Triton, make a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, and convince the handsome Prince Eric that she’s the girl whose enchanting voice he’s been seeking.
Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr. opens June 15, 2018 and run through June 23, 2018.
For more information on the plot and history of Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr., visit the website of Music Theatre International.
Our Process and Product
Keep track of our production progress by checking back here for photos and videos from Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr. rehearsals!
Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr. Cast
Princess Ariel – Alyssa Elliott
Prince Eric – Matthew Nash
King Triton – Jacob Esler
Ursula – Karlie Knowles
Sebastian – Olivia Hawk
Flounder – Sloan Roberts
Scuttle – Molly Houk
Flotsam – Lexy Grover
Jetsam – Daisy Grover
Alanna – Daisy Grover
Arista – Mary Joy Stevens
Aquata – Matilyn Shore
Attina – Hannah Taylor
Andrina – Lexy Grover
Adella – Kyrsten Koehler
Grimsby – Ezekial Enriquez
Chef Louis – Jacob Esler
Carlotta – Kaitlin Neil
Seahorse – Jorja Brandt, Colin Watson, Eli Pancoast
SEA ENSEMBLE – Makayla Enriquez, Serenity Enriquez, Colin Watson, Anna Stevens, Eli Pancoast
Here’s our rehearsal call times and dates for Disney’s Little Mermaid Jr. plus what we’ll be working on! GET MY SCHEDULE
Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr.
Put your guess with your name in the bucket for each question. Guesses will be drawn at random on the last day of each week and PRIZES will be awarded for the first correct answer that is randomly drawn from the bucket. You may only put in one answer per question.
Week of February 16-19
1. Name three other Disney movies whose music was composed by Alan Menken.
2. When did Disney’s The Little Mermaid first open of Broadway?
3. What theatre in New York was Little Mermaid first performed?
4. Name two other Broadway musicals that were playing the year that Little Mermaid debuted on Broadway.
Week of Feb. 22-26
1. Name three movies that have featured mermaids as their main characters.
2. King Triton’s kingdom of Atlanntica is based on what mythical undersea world? HINT: Scientists and archaeologists are actually searching for evidence that this place really existed!
Week of Feb. 29-March 4
1. Which TV show that started in 1982 portrayed the lives of performing arts high school students?
2. What father/daughter duo made “Gag Me With a Spoon” a household phrase of disgust in the eighties? What was the name of their song that included this phrase?
Week of March 7-11
1. What was the name of the movie that other than The Little Mermaid that was also based on Hans Christian Anderson’s original story?